sábado, 12 de enero de 2013

Expecting

You know, when I read through some of these interviews it always comes to a point in which the interviewer asks the interviewee how he feels about being where he is, and the answer is pretty much always something like "I never expected it to turn out this way, really [insert smile]".

I think everyone aims for happiness when doing something. Even if you don´t know exactly what yet. What puts me off is that I don´t really know if they were expecting their life to be sad or if they´re just being modest. Answering "I expected to take spaghetti baths every night because I expected to be awfully rich" does sound a bit dumb.
But then again, wanting everything to turn out wrong doesn´t sound like something that would actually happen.

What if I´m wrong? Because this question is never asked to people who don´t have a job that makes them be the person to get that kind of mass media attention. But they could be the ones who expected everything to go right, leaving the spotlight to the ones who thought everything was ought to go wrong.
I don´t really believe that but it´s a hypothesis. It´s also something that you write at 2am after watching one of Jake Stakes interviews.
But maybe these spaghetti people were never so focussed on wanting to do something as they were on just doing it.

What happens when you expect it to be good?





-MW-

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario